Thursday, April 19, 2012

a bee: 2012, the first photographed and Emily Dickinson





It's all I have to bring to-day,
This, and my heart beside,
This, and my heart, and all the fields,
And all the meadows wide.
Be sure you count, should I forget,-
Some one the sun could tell, -
This, and my heart, and all the bees
Which in the clover dwell.
Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson, Avenel Books, New York, 1982 (first published 1890, 1891, 1896)
Book III, Nature

first bee photographed in 2012, April 19, 2012.
not only is the bee "hairy," but so, too, leaves and flowers, a "discovery" I made several years ago when I began to photograph flora at close-range. My elph became a surrogate microscope and has shown me wonders that I had no idea existed; these are not revealed to the naked eye


No comments: