Saturday, September 13, 2008

Jennifer Lisa Koslow: The Great Leap into the Future


Jennifer was born on 13 September, 1970, on a glorious golden day at Mount Sinai Hospital, Manhattan. After a fairly brief labor, natural birth it was then called, she insisted on seeing the world immediately. I was rushed to the delivery room and after a few pushes, a beautiful girl baby, a perfect baby, appeared . How delighted I was to hold her in my arms and look at her as she first gazed into this wondrous world --and at me: who are you? Oh, my mother.
Now, thirty-eight years later she is a happy mother of twins, with a loving husband Pat Byrne. She has a doctorate in history, American History, and is an assistant professor of history at Florida State University in Tallahassee.

Jennifer was always exploratory; as soon as she was ambulant she would walk far away, without hesitation, across the meadows of Central Park in Manhattan. She showed was fearless, as this photograph indicates. Taken at an art fabricator's shop in North Haven Connecticut, in 1978, September, Jennifer leaps into the unknown with joyful abandon. This is the Jennifer I once knew so well.

No comments: