Saturday, January 19, 2008

Jack Rosen, my uncle, in memoriam

Jack Rosen, my uncle, was the younger son of Rose and Morris Rosen. He was born December 10, 1913 and died January 20, 1952. He obtained a law degree and practiced in the Bronx, in New York City. He died at the exceptionally early age of 39, felled by a heart attack. Married to Thelma, the couple had two children, my cousins Frank and Barbara. After Jack's death Thelma moved to California, remarried and raised her children there. Later, Frank moved to New York, attended Columbia University, and became a physician.
When Uncle Jack died I was eleven year old. I remember little except that he was a very tall--six feet --exuberant handsome man whose humor charmed us all. His parents took his premature death hard, especially my grandmother Rose. For the remainder of her life she mourned his loss.

No comments: