Saturday, December 6, 2008

Susan Joan Rosen: born December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor Day



Richard Brignoli, my first husband, and I married on April 2, 1962. We are at Joe Wright's Pond, Canterbury Connecticut
The eye of Richard Brignoli, detail of a portrait I painted of my husband in 1962--1963
My brother Paul Peter Rosen and myself at Joe Wright's Pond, Canterbury Connecticut, 1960s

What happened? life went by so fast. family, grandparents, parents, brother, husbands, lovers, friends, children, dogs, history, teaching, writing, art, living history as it occurs, the personal and the historical moment. fortunate I am to have been born into this turbulent time a witness to the wonders and atrocities to a world that is tipping and may go off course pity to those who suffer the terrors that will ensue but I will not be present to observe that revolution, the past I recall and study and the present I experience but the future whatever predictions are made is unknowable

No comments: